Architectural education at the Institute for Art and Architecture is based on five research platforms:
- GLC Geography Landscapes Cities
- HTC History Theory Criticism
- ESC Ecology Sustainability Cultural Heritage
- CMT Construction Material Technology
- ADP Analogue Digital Production
Design projects are at the centre of the education, strategic approaches and positions are developed through the focus of each platform. On this base, the field of architecture is taught in its practical, theoretical and scientific complexity. Theory, production and reflection, experiment and methodological critique are set in close relation. Architecture as a discipline is seen not only as a functional solution for building tasks but also as the artistic and experimental competence to find answers to spatial, cultural, social, technological and political questions.